Filming and photography for editorial and/or private purposes is generally permitted in the Kunstmuseum Basel without flashlight, tripod or selfie stick.
For conservation reasons and to avoid accidents with works of art, the following rules must be observed:
• Only the existing museum lighting may be used for photography and filming.
• The distance between recording devices and art objects must be at least 1.5 meters.
• Objects of art may only be handled by museum personnel and may not be touched at any time.
• The general house rules apply (no drinks in exhibition rooms etc.). Compliance with these safety rules is monitored by employees of the Kunstmuseum.
• Certain works of art marked by a logo are subject to a general ban on photography.
• Please note: Works by artists whose death occurred less than 70 years ago are still subject to copyright by a collecting society. Fees may apply.
For your editorial reporting, we also provide you with high-resolution images in our media area.
• Photography and filming are only possible after registration (via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
• A museum supervisor accompanies the photo/film team during the entire duration of the shoot. The instructions of the personnel must be complied with.
• When using the photographs, the credit "Kunstmuseum Basel" must always be indicated.