The Kunstmuseum Basel has developed a comprehensive safety concept for the public and staff in museum, bistro and library. In doing so, we are following the guidelines of the Swiss Confederation, the Canton of Basel City and the recommendations of the Association of Swiss Museums.
The health of visitors and staff remains a central concern for the Kunstmuseum Basel. For this reason, a comprehensive protective concept for the public and employees has been drawn up, which includes the following points:
• Please respect the obligation to wear a mask.
• Visitors should, if possible, obtain a ticket online in advance. On site we prefer payment by card.
• Please note that a time slot must be booked online for the special exhibition Sophie Taeuber-Arp.
• Access to individual exhibition rooms and, in principle, also to the museum can be temporarily restricted if there are too many people in them.
• The visitor navigation in the museum will be adapted so that the rules of distance can be observed.
• At central locations hand disinfectants are provided for visitors and the infrastructure of the museum is additionally cleaned.
• We ask visitors who feel ill or have COVID-19 symptoms to stay at home.
We would like to thank our visitors for their understanding of these measures and for helping us to observe these rules for their own protection and that of their fellow human beings.