The Kunstmuseum Basel has developed a comprehensive safety concept for the public and staff in museum, bistro and library. In doing so, we are following the guidelines of the Swiss Confederation, the Canton of Basel City and the recommendations of the Association of Swiss Museums.
Please note that from Monday, 13 September, a valid Swiss or EU Covid certificate (vaccinated, recovered, tested) must be presented together with an official identity card in order to visit the Kunstmuseum Basel (incl. Bistro and Library). The certificate requirement applies to visitors aged 16 and over.
In addition, a mask recommendation applies in the museum.
There are the following possibilities for the certificate:
For more information on the Covid certificate, see this link.
The health of visitors and staff remains a central concern for the Kunstmuseum Basel. For this reason, a comprehensive protective concept for the public and employees has been drawn up, which includes the following points:
• Please note the certificate requirement.
• Please respect the recommendation to wear a mask.
• Visitors should, if possible, obtain a ticket online in advance. On site we prefer payment by card.
• At central locations hand disinfectants are provided for visitors and the infrastructure of the museum is additionally cleaned.
• We ask visitors who feel ill or have COVID-19 symptoms to stay at home.
We would like to thank our visitors for their understanding of these measures and for helping us to observe these rules for their own protection and that of their fellow human beings.